InterAct Theatre Company’s
New Play Development Award
Stay tuned for an announcement about the 2017-18 New Play Development Award!
As Philadelphia’s premier producer of new work, we have been actively involved in the commissioning and development of new plays since our inception in 1988 and are always seeking provocative and dynamic new plays that can be considered for production.
To that end, in August 2017 we opened submissions for our 2017-18 New Play Development Award, geared toward promising plays that could benefit from additional development and have the potential to be premiered by InterAct in future seasons. The play selected for this award will receive a multi-day developmental workshop at InterAct, along with a $1,000 cash award for the playwright.
- Eligible plays will be those that meet the following criteria:
- Fulfill InterAct’s mission (while we welcome plays that have deeply personal dimensions, those that do not, in any way, explore the social and political landscape of our time, will not be competitive).
- Are somewhere between a complete first draft and a production-ready draft.
- Have not had a professional production and are not under contract with any theatre for a professional production.
- Are written by a playwright who has had at least one professional production.
Applications for the 2017-18 New Play Development Award are closed. Please check back for announcements about the selected play, finalists, and the future of the award.