InterAct Theatre Company’s
New Play Development Award
As Philadelphia’s premier producer of new work, we have been actively involved in the commissioning and development of new plays since our inception in 1988 and are always seeking provocative and dynamic new plays that can be considered for production.
As we embark on our 30th Anniversary Season, we are pleased to request submissions to our 2017-18 New Play Development Award.
We are looking for promising plays that could benefit from additional development, and which have the potential to be premiered by InterAct in future seasons.
The play selected for this award will receive a multi-day developmental workshop at InterAct, along with a $1,000 cash award for the playwright.
- Eligible plays will be those that meet the following criteria:
- Fulfill InterAct’s mission (while we welcome plays that have deeply personal dimensions, those that do not, in any way, explore the social and political landscape of our time, will not be competitive).
- Are somewhere between a complete first draft and a production-ready draft.
- Have not had a professional production and are not under contract with any theatre for a professional production.
- Are written by a playwright who has had at least one professional production.
- WHEN: Scripts should be submitted between August 1 – October 1, 2017 (NOTE: There is no advantage to submitting early, but October 1 is a hard deadline).
- WHAT: Please send PDF’s ONLY of the following:
o One (1) un-produced full-length script (only one play per playwright, please)
o A full CV
o A statement that addresses how you would use a developmental workshop and any previous development the play has had. Basically, introduce yourself and your play!
- WHERE: Please address submissions to: submissions@InterActTheatre.org
Selected play and finalists will be announced at InterAct’s Core Playwrights Weekend in December 2017.