Administrative & Production Internship
The Production/Administrative Internship is a fast-paced, comprehensive internship that involves the intern in every department of a non-profit professional theatre. Production/Administrative Interns will take point on multiple projects from event promotion to management and backstage support.
- 2 days (or 16 hours) per week at InterAct's offices
- Act as an interdepartmental assistant, working with InterAct’s staff on tasks including marketing, rental/facilities management, audience development, fundraising research, office administration, and subscriber relations
- Serve as one of the public faces of the theatre with customer service and phone coverage.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate interest in theatre management and/or production, and be personable, communicative, detail-oriented, and flexible.
The Literary Intern will work directly with the Artistic Associate and Literary Assistant for 5-10 hours per week. This Season long internship lasts from mid-August to the end of June. Applications are closed for the 2017/18 season - please check back in the Spring.
- Read and evaluate both general script submissions and scripts for development
- Update the literary database
- Help to produce new play development activities, including the Core Playwrights Weekend in June
- Assist with dramaturgical planning and research
- Successful candidates should demonstrate a strong interest in literary management and dramaturgy, be thoughtful and comprehensive readers, and skilled researchers.
- The ideal candidate must live in the Greater Philadelphia area. College credit is available.
InterAct Interns receive college credit, complimentary tickets to InterAct productions, opportunities to meet and work with both Philadelphia-based and visiting artists, and direct access to all full-time and part-time staff for professional development consultations. Internships are unpaid, and housing is not provided.