InterAct is dedicated to producing work that explores diverse voices.
One of them might be you.
InterAct is committed to building a culturally diverse staff, and strongly encourages applications from female, GNC/non-binary, multiracial, and minority candidates.
InterAct Theatre Company seeks a Marketing Director eager to join a fun, fast-paced environment and help us fulfill our mission. InterAct is theatre for today’s world, dedicated to producing plays that explore the social, political and cultural issues of our time, and to improving the regional climate for new plays. Now in its 31st season, InterAct is an award-winning professional theatre that leads and operates out of a two-theatre venue, The Drake, in Center City Philadelphia, which is home to several other new play companies.
The Marketing Director reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for both institutional and program marketing for the theatre. This person will work on the full cycle of marketing, from big-picture strategizing to hands-on execution.
The ideal candidate:
- Excels at building relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders
- Is passionate about the work we do and eager to share it
- Knows how to identify, create and reach out to existing and new markets
- Works well to the calendar but can also respond to changes in the environment
- Wants to be part of a team and understands the need to pitch in
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Ticket sales – meet income goals for subscription, single tickets and group sales; some box office / front of house interaction
- Collateral – create or oversee the creation of marketing collateral, including postcards, posters, e-blasts, social media posts, playbills
- Calendar – create, communicate and execute marketing calendar for the entire season that works with the rest of the outreach calendar (events and development)
- Relationship building – establish and improve corporate, community, and individual relationships based on agreed-upon goals
- Public relations – write press releases and pitch stories to media outlets
- Strategy – work with the Producing Artistic Director, Managing Director and other staff to develop goals. Devise tactics and tracking methods for evaluating the success of campaigns and pursuing continuous improvement
Key Skills include:
- Solid tech skills: We use MS Office, Adobe products, SquareSpace, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, OvationTix, TRG Arts, Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Google Ad Words, Google Tag Manager, but general facility with a wide range of technology will be helpful
- Excellent communication skills: writing and speaking, with both colleagues and the public
Salary: $40,000-42,000 + health / vision / dental
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Managing Director Ann Garner. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the ideal candidate is found. Selected candidates may be asked to provide writing and collateral samples as well as three professional references.
Check back Spring 2019 about...